What’s your design style? In this series, we will explore several common design styles. Follow along and become inspired as you learn. Keep in mind that well-balanced homes often incorporate multiple, overlapping design styles.
Transitional design style marriages traditional with contemporary, leaving a space with a classic, timeless appeal. It is about having the best of both worlds. Neutral colors reign in a transitional space, but strong furniture, mixed textures, and bold lines make it feel visually interesting and comfortable. The whole of the room should be peaceful and restful.
Image Source TRC
1. Warm neutral colors
2. Mix between traditional and contemporary
3. Gentle curves paired with bold lines
4. Comfortable but refined
5. Mixed, refined metals (anything goes)
6. All types of flooring as long as it’s restrained
7. Subtle pattern and minimal accessories
8. Mixed textures create visual interest
9. Tailored window treatments
10. Clean lined kitchens
Check out more Transitional ideas on our Pinterest board!